You don't have to be dominated by your thoughts.
Interested in mindfulness and meditation? Why?
The most common answers we get are:
- "I want to reduce stress."
- "I need help with anxiety and/or depression."
- "I have problems focusing, and want to improve my productivity."
- "I worry all the time, and have trouble sleeping."
- "I always compare myself to others. My self-confidence sucks."
- "The voice in my head won't shut up - I'm always thinking!"
All of us deal with these challenges to some extent, and we spend much of our lives looking for solutions.
We read self-help books, watch motivational videos, and try to "think positive." Or, we turn to alcohol, drugs, and other distractions to cope with (or, escape from) our problems.
Those things only provide temporary relief at best. Unlike mindfulness and meditation, they fail to address the root cause.
Which brings us to the next question: What do you do now, and does it require sitting in the Lotus position?
There's a lot of misinformation out there.
If you do a Google search for "meditation," you'll get millions of results. But the majority of those results are not helpful due to myths, misconceptions, and bad instruction.
Most resources can't even agree on a common definition or objective, much less provide a method that has practical applications to your life.
The good news is, we cut through the confusing (and erroneous) information for you. Our instruction is built on the foundation of understanding your mind and the problems it creates. Most important, it works.
Over the past 12 years, we've helped tens of thousands of people around the world realize the scientifically-proven benefits of mindfulness and meditation.
What we teach isn't something mystical. It won't conflict with your religious or philosophical beliefs. And, you don't have to sit in an uncomfortable, cross-legged position - unless you want to.
Our online course: proven, trusted, effective.
Tom Wright (San Francisco, California):
"If you don't understand your mind, meditation is useless. If you don't practice mindfulness, meditation is pointless. You teach it all, and it's life-changing."
Our online course is a structured, three-week program that you follow in your own home, at your own pace.
What you get:
- Course manual - "Understanding your compulsive mind";
- Process and instruction - mindfulness and meditation;
- Daily course pages - 21 days of directions, supplemental information, and motivation;
- Summary of key points - concise and easy to review;
- Additional course pages - continued motivation beyond the initial 21 days; and
- Ongoing support via email and Skype.
All components are viewed using your computer, tablet, or smartphone. The information is text, not video, so you can access everything with any Internet connection.
You also have the option of downloading the course manual for offline access.
What you do:
- Read the course manual;
- Each day for the next 21 days, visit the course pages;
- Read that day's supplemental information; and
- Follow the specific directions for that day's activity.
Your time commitment is 15-25 minutes each day (broken into segments, not all at once). You always have access to the full course, so you can go back to any particular day as needed.
For more details on the course components (including a table of contents for the manual), visit this page.
What you learn:
meditationSHIFT teaches you to:
- understand your mind, and overcome the problems it creates;
- meditate with proper instruction (all you need is you; do it anytime, anywhere);
- build a consistent practice, and a positive, life-long habit; and
- apply mindfulness to your daily life (transfer the skills you develop while meditating to your "non-meditating" time).
Ready to start? We've made our course accessible and affordable to everyone - get it now.
Lori Becker (New York, New York):
"When you stop letting your thoughts control you, you become a lot happier. Thanks for demystifying meditation, and helping me turn it into a daily habit."
Looking for more?
- We write a lot: from our award-winning blog and daily musings, to articles in various publications and around the Internet. Topics include mindfulness, meditation, happiness, living in the present moment, and more. Check it all out here.
- We provide one-on-one instruction, personalized for each individual. Learn more here.
- We work with businesses and groups, and our programs are more effective than squeezing a stress ball. Learn more here.
- Over 14,000 people read, shared, and/or recommended our latest article - find it here.
- Weekly Q&A! Join us every Wednesday from 3:00PM-5:00PM CDT on Skype (meditationSHIFT). Everyone is welcome!